GAIACON roofing services are par to none, operating for over 40 years we have adopted the international ISO 9001 standard Quality Systems Model for quality assurance in design, development, production, installation and servicing as its standard for quality assurance.
ROOFING CONSTRUCTION TYPES
- Gable roof construction
- Cross gabled roof
- Mansard roof
- Hip roof
- Pyramid hip roof
- Cross hipped roof
- Skillion roof
- Gambrel roof
- Flat roof
- Bonnet roof
- Slopped (Shed) roof
Timber roof construction: including battening, bearing, brandering, chording, webbing, heel jointing, lateralisation and nail-plating.
Truss fabrication, installation & repairs: fabrication and installation of trusses of various roof types & design, utilising various structural components, such as:
- Timber beams, battens and purlins
- Runners & binders
- Tie beams
- Truss design, fabrication, installation & repairs
- Wall plates
ROOF TILING & COVERINGS
- Flat tiles: laid in regular overlapping rows. Flat roof tiles are usually made of clay but also may be made of stone, wood, plastic, concrete, or solar cells.
- Imbrex and tegula: an ancient Roman pattern of curved and flat tiles that make rain channels on a roof.
- Roman tiles: flat in the middle, with a concave curve at one end at a convex curve at the other, to allow interlocking.
- Pantiles: with an S-shaped profile, allowing adjacent tiles to interlock. An example of this is the "double Roman".
- Mission or barrel tiles: semi-cylindrical tiles laid in alternating columns of convex and concave tiles
- Interlocking roof tiles: similar to pantiles with side and top locking to improve protection from water and wind.
- IBR: inverted box rib roofing sheets designed to overlap one another
- Corrugated iron sheeting: Is an angular trapezoidal-fluted sheet, designed for use as a roof covering and side-wall cladding.
- Secret & concealed fix aluminium sheeting: Concealed fix roof sheeting is designed to provide a roof covering without end laps to buildings with pitches as little as 1.5 degrees without piercing the sheet when fixing to purlins.
As a certified member of The National Home Builders Registration Council (NHBRC), GAIACON is required to meet regulated industry criteria for technical, construction and financial capabilities. In addition, the scope and mandate of the NHBRC is governed by The Housing Consumers Protection Measures Act (Act No. 95 of 1998). The Act states that the NHBRC and or any certified member’s role is to:
- Represent the interests of housing consumers by providing warranty protection against defects in new homes
- Provide protection to housing consumers in respect of the failure of bad workmanship.
- To promote ethical and technical standards in the home building industry.
- Improve structural quality in the industry.
- To promote housing consumer rights and to provide housing consumer information.
- Communicate with and to assist home builders to register in terms of the Act.
- To achieve and maintain satisfactory technical standards of home building.
With this kind of assurance you can be 100% guaranteed that all of GAIACON’s roofing products and services are of an exceptionally high standard. GAIACON has been operating for over 40 years and has adopted the international ISO 9001 standard Quality Systems Model for quality assurance in design, development, production, installation and servicing as its standard for quality assurance.
For any questions regarding GAIACON’s roofing services and products please feel free to contact us, we will get back to you as soon as we can.